Florida Keys Offshore Fishing
Call 305.453.0088 and make a reservation to go Offshore Fishing in the Florida Keys today!
If you are looking for a Florida Keys offshore fishing adventure in Key Largo or Islamorada, then you have come to the right place! Fins & Feathers specializes in light tackle offshore fishing, live bait fishing and kite fishing in Key Largo or Islamorada in the Florida Keys.
Depending on the season, you can choose to go Sailfishing, Dolphin fishing, Kingfish fishing, Swordfishing, Grouper fishing, Snapper fishing, Tuna fishing, Marlin fishing, Wahoo fishing, or fishing for Amberjacks.
Florida offshore fishing provide anglers the opportunity to target a variety of offshore pelagic species. During the winter months, Sailfish are abundant and caught regularly using fishing kites and live baits. Occasionally Wahoo show up and are more than happy to eat a live bait suspended from the fishing kit. During the spring and fall, there’s an almost endless variety of game fish available, including Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Sailfish and lots of Kingfish. These pelagics follow the bait migration up and down the Atlantic coast, which is why live bait is so important for a successful Florida offshore charter fishing trip.
The summer season offers consistent Mahi Mahi and Blackfin tuna action. These are some of the best eating fish which is why they are so popular with many Florida sport fisherman. Captain Jim uses trolling and running and gunning tactics to locate feeding birds at the surface which often indicate a school of Mahi or Tuna feeding below. On these Florida offshore fishing trips the upper station on the 34′ SeaVee “Twice Bitten” offers a huge advantage, and makes it easy for the charter captain to spot birds at a distance.
Bookmark our web site and browse it frequently for all kinds of valuable information including Florida offshore fishing reports and our Florida offshore fishing photo gallery which contains pictures of our most recent catches. You will also find important information about bait and tackle and many other things you “need to know” about our Florida offshore fishing charter boat. Fins & Feathers delivers the best Florida offshore fishing charters and will do everything to make sure you and your party have the experience of a lifetime!
About the Captain: Experience equals success when it comes to Florida offshore fishing. Call 305.453.0088 for reservations.
Captain Jim Mulcahy
Jim is a U.S.C.G licensed and insured Florida Keys fishing captain. He is the owner and operator of the Fins & Feathers Florida offshore fishing.
Captain Jim is a proven Florida fishing tournament winner and has been fishing in and around Key Largo and Islamorada, and the Florida Keys for most of his life. He’s been operating Florida offshore fishing charters for over 20 years and specializes in live bait fishing, a very exciting technique where baits are spread out all around the boat to target a variety of offshore saltwater game fish.
Captain Jim also runs a live bait business. That means other Florida Keys fishing captains and anglers come to him for frisky live baits such as Cigar Minnows, Ballyhoo and Goggle Eye – a Sailfish favorite. Call 786.493.0324 for more information.
Experience the best Florida offshore fishing. Call 305.453.0088 for reservations.
All fish caught during your Florida offshore fishing excursion belong to the angler and will be cleaned and prepped by the captain at the end of your offshore fishing trip. Fins & Feathersencourages anglers to release fish not intended for the table. All Sailfish are tagged and released alive.
Here’s a list of fish you can expect to target on your Florida Offshore Charter Fishing Trip
- Sailfish - Powerful and acrobatic. Available year-round with the best fishing taking place between December and April where double digit days are possible.
- Swordfish - The gladiator of the deep. Available year-round 15 to 20 miles offshore in the Gulf Stream. Trips depart in the afternoon and return at 2am.
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi) - Excellent eating. Available year-round with the best fishing in Spring and early Summer.
- Kingfish - King of the reefs. Available year-round with the best fishing in the Spring and Fall.
- Snapper & Grouper - Excellent eating. Available year-round along the reef line and around local wrecks. The best fishing is available in Winter and early Spring.
- Amberjacks - Ready for tug of war? AJ’s pull hard. Available year-round. Caught mostly around wrecks.
- Tarpon - Challenging to hook and very acrobatic. Available December – June.
- Wahoo and Marlin - are also caught occasionally, but are not concentrated enough off the Florida Keys to target consistently. Inquire with the captain about their availability.
- Tuna – Sushi time. Blackfin tuna, Bonito and occasionally Yellowfin tuna move through the Florida keys in the spring and summer months. They pull hard, swim fast and can be targeted on fly rods when feeding on the surface.
To experience great Florida offshore fishing – Contact Captain Jim Mulcahy - 305.453.0088
Key Largo Fisheries
MM 99 1313 Ocean Bay Drive
Key Largo, FL 33037
Worldwide Sportsman – Bass Pro Shops
81576 Overseas Hwy.
Islamorada, FL 33036
Remember, if your looking for Florida offshore fishing charters then make Fins & Feathers your choice! Your captain Jim Mulcahy will provide everything you’ll need to make your next Florida Keys fishing charter a success!
Florida offshore fishing charters include ice, fuel, a fishing license, tackle and bait. High quality rods and reels are always spooled with fresh line. No old or worn out gear that will jeopardize the catch of a lifetime. Just bring food, drinks and sunscreen.
Call Captain Jim Mulcahy from Fins and Feathers Florida offshore fishing charters at 305.453.0088 to make your reservation.