Fishing Trips & Rates
Offshore Live Bait Fishing – Key Largo & Islamorada
Captain Jim Mulcahy of Fins & Feathers Charters offers offshore charter fishing trips out of Key Largo and Islamorada in the Florida Keys targeting Sailfish, Swordfish, Mahi, Tuna and more. Tactics include trolling, bottom fishing and kite fishing, a very exciting and productive technique where live baits are drifted around the boat using fishing kites. With this technique there are up to 6 live baits spread all around the boat, increasing your chances of hooking up with a variety of saltwater game fish.
Two locations in the Florida Keys
- Key Largo– Offshore & Deep Sea fishing trips depart daily out of Key Largo. Visit this page for information about the types of fishing trips and corresponding rates.
- Islamorada – Our new location in Islamorada makes for a short trip to the Marathon Humps and the Gulf Stream. Visit this page for trips and rates.
- Full Day – $950
7am – 4pm
- Three Quarter Day – $800
7am – 2pm
- Half Day – $650
7am – 12pm or 12pm – 5pm
- Sailfish / Swordfish Combo Trips – $1,350
November – April (12pm – 2am)
- Mahi / Swordfish Combo Trips – $1,350
April – October (12pm – 2am)
- Sailfish – Powerful and acrobatic. Available year-round with the best fishing taking place between December and April where double digit days are possible.
- Swordfish – The gladiator of the deep. Available year-round 15 to 20 miles offshore in the Gulf Stream. Night trips depart in the afternoon and return at 2am. Daytime trips are from 7am – 4pm.
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi) – Excellent eating. Available year-round with the best fishing in Spring and early Summer.
- Kingfish – King of the reefs. Available year-round with the best fishing in the Spring and Fall.
- Snapper & Grouper – Excellent eating. Available year-round along the reef line and around local wrecks. The best fishing is available in Winter and early Spring.
- Amberjacks – Ready for tug of war? AJ’s pull hard. Available year-round. Caught mostly around wrecks.
- Tarpon – Challenging to hook and very acrobatic. Available December – June.
- Wahoo and Marlin – Caught occasionally, but are not concentrated enough off Key Largo or Islamorada to target consistently. Inquire with the captain about their availability.
- Tuna – Sushi time. Blackfin tuna, Bonito and occasionally Yellowfin tuna move through the Florida keys in the spring and summer months. They pull hard, swim fast and can be targeted on fly rods when feeding on the surface.
To make reservations call 305.453.0088 or use the form below.